Working ahead – yes or no?

• August 3, 2016 at 8:42 am #2359
      zach7691
      Participant

I’ve recently began working through the LSAT Trainer using the 16-week plan, and I love it so far. In fact, I’m afraid I might love it too much, because I keep reading more than the amount I’ve scheduled myself for.

I find the lessons to be very easy to keep up with (Kudos to you, Mike!) – but am I putting myself at a disadvantage by reading ahead? If I do indeed read ahead, should I keep from reading into the next test lesson? (For example, I just wrapped up the Flaw Review section for Logical Reasoning Section 1 – should I wait before diving into Diagramming for Analytical Reasoning?)

I’m taking the test in December, so 16-weeks is plenty of time – but to be honest, the book is hard to put down. I just don’t want to screw myself up in my studies if that’s a bad idea. Does anyone else have any advice on this?

• August 3, 2016 at 5:12 pm #2360
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Hey Zach —

Great to hear that you are finding the Trainer enjoyable! And as long as you aren’t rushing unnecessarily, I think it’s great to get a bit ahead of the schedule — the schedules are designed so that it’s very easy to move assignments up or back weeks as you see fit, and, later on in your prep, you might find that you want some extra time to do more drill work on a particular q type, etc. — and, if you’ve earned yourself a bit of a cushion by getting ahead, I’m sure you’ll appreciate having the extra study time when you need it —

Wish you the best and reach out if you need me — MK

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.