Which 12-Week Schedule to Use?

• May 11, 2017 at 3:07 pm #3083
      ConnieC
      Participant

Hi,

I am just starting my full-time prep for the September LSAT using the Trainer. Since I have about 4 months left, I am planning on using one of the 12-week schedules then practicing more recent PTs in the last month and a half. (Since I will be studying full-time, I’ll probably finish the set in 8-10 weeks.)

My problem is that I am really conflicted on which 12-week schedule I should use. If I use the PT 62-71 version, then I will lose 4 PTs from 60’s to do timed full-preptests on–and I heard that 60s’ PTs are more similar to most current LSATs than PTs in 50’s. But if I use the PT 52-71 version then I will lose all the ones from the 50’s, and may run out of recent PTs to do timed full-preptest with.

Could someone advise me on which schedule to use?

Many thanks in advance,
      C.C.

• May 12, 2017 at 5:08 pm #3085
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Hi C.C. —

Thanks for trusting in the Trainer and I hope you find it useful — I think you’ll be fine either way — but, my 2 cents — I’m sure you already know most of what I’m about to say but anyway —

1) The Trainer schedules are designed to cover your entire study period – so, great to have an extra few weeks for when it’s done, but, if you have more time than the schedule is made for, my advice would be to stretch it out over the longer period (and to add on work at relevant points) rather than finishing it early and leaving perhaps too much time for your pt work.

2) So, if you have the time, my suggestion would be to use the 16 week schedule.

3) If you need additional pt’s and don’t mind the extra cost, LSAC also sells tests 72 and on individually.

4) Having said all that, I totally understand wanting to get through the Trainer schedule earlier to leave yourself time for different prep or more pt work, and, if so, I think going with the 12 week 52-61 and trying to get that done a little earlier would work too.

Good luck and wish you the best — Mike

• May 13, 2017 at 3:18 am #3087
      ConnieC
      Participant

Thank you for your response, Mike!

I wish I could use the 16 week one, but I am too terrified of not being able to finish it due to unforeseen life circumstances :/ I will follow the 12 week schedule faithfully, though, and do extra drills to make sure I’m not progressing too fast.

A request for clarification: Is there a 12 week 52-61 schedule, or did you mean the 51-72 schedule?

Regardless, I will get some newer PTs to practice enough full preptests. Thanks for your advice!:)

• May 13, 2017 at 11:18 am #3088
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Oops! I meant the twelve week 62-71 sched — sorry about that! — take care — Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.