Where Are all the drills

• August 21, 2017 at 10:21 am #3278
    Manelle
    Participant

I’m getting very confused as to where I find the drills in the book. For example for a week of work it will say “Drill Ordering Games from Set 2” or “Drill ID the Conclusion, ID the Role, Reasoning Structure, & Match the Reasoning from Set 1” what does this mean & where can I find them in the book.

• August 21, 2017 at 3:01 pm #3279
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hi Manelle,

The free study schedules are designed to help you combine work you do in the Trainer with extra practice outside of the book. So, depending on which study schedule you are using, you will need to purchase additional practice tests 52-71, or 62-71. LSAC sells those exams in books of 10, and offers the tests directly to students at a much lower price than they do to test prep companies (which is the primary reason I don’t provide the additional tests myself). The specific problems to try for each drill set are listed on the “drill sets in detail” pages.

You can find video instructions about the drill sets, as well as links to purchase the additional tests on Amazon, on the study schedules webpage, here —

http://www.thelsattrainer.com/lsat-study-schedule-options.html

and you can also find more information on page 3 of your schedule.

Sorry for any confusion caused and I hope that clears things up — if you need anything else please let me know —

Mike Kim

• September 5, 2017 at 5:03 pm #3290
    Jeoffrey
    Participant

Hello Mr. Kim,

I am reviewing the LSAT Trainer and it is time for a drill set; however, the drill set1 (Grouping Games Set 1) PT 52-53-54 Sets 2/2/3 are not aligned with the past 7 chapters of what I just read. Is this intentional? It seems that if we just spent 7 chapters over LR, the drill sets would correspond. If there is a different approach, or I missed it in the reading / videos, please let me know.

BTW, the book is a great guide and very thoughtful in the instructional approach.

Thank you,
    Jeff

• September 6, 2017 at 10:55 am #3292
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff — thanks so much for the comments — the drills should absolutely correspond with what you are learning in the study guide — let me know which study schedule you are using and what week you are on and I’ll see if I can figure out what’s going on —

MK

• September 6, 2017 at 5:07 pm #3295
    Jeoffrey
    Participant

I am using the 12 week guide. Referencing to-do Week 2, item 1 Grouping Games Set 1, which then is what I wrote above.

I am presuming that page 12 of the 12-Week Schedule the following:

PT= Practice Test
    S = Set 2 (test 2 of the the PT)
    Games = Question

Is this incorrect?

If the schedule does not coincide, no big issue, I have both LSAT Test Books so, I can locate the LR games on my own.
    I was more concerned with the Drills aligning with the reading material.

Again, thank you for the quick response and the body of work you compiled.

Jeff

• September 6, 2017 at 5:16 pm #3296
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Ahhhh I see the issue — that assignment (Grouping Games Set 1) is meant to be the last assignment of the week (to follow Ordering games set 1) —

Sorry for any confusion caused by my layout — I can completely understand you reading it the other way — and hope that clears things up —

Let me know if you ever need anything else and hope you enjoy the rest of the Trainer —

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.