Using 2015 Trainer for my 2nd time studying..

• October 7, 2017 at 3:17 pm #3315
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi! I’m using your 2015 edition of the LSAT trainer, which I bought when I thought I was taking the LSAT two years ago, and ended up starting to study this past June of 2017. I took the Blueprint online course from June – Sept, and took the Sept test. Definitely taking again in December, and have decided based on all of the high praise I have heard about the LSAT Trainer to pick up my old copy and use it to study for Dec. Based on previous posts, I think it’s okay to do this instead of buying the new 2017 edition?!

Anyways, my main question is this: I’ve used most of the prep tests after PT 61 in my past few months of study leading up to the September exam. I just purchased the 29-38 and 52-61 10 actual books. Should I use one of these 10 actuals to substitute into the 2015 Edition of the LSAT trainer? Or go back and redo the later tests?

Thanks!!!

• October 9, 2017 at 9:27 am #3316
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel —

Welcome to the forum and thanks for trusting in the Trainer —

Yeah, if you have the older version, you certainly don’ need the new one —

In terms of which pt’s to study with, I think focusing on the fresh material will work great, but if you have the time, I think mixing up a combination of new and re-use q’s is best. There is benefit to both redoing and trying new stuff — especially if you’d had a little break or are studying with new prep material, sometimes seeing a problem again, but seeing something new in it, can lead to big breakthroughs — on the other side, obviously it’s very important to give yourself plenty of practice with new problems you haven’t seen before. You can use the questions-by-type tool on the site if you need to look up which q’s to add in to which drills, etc.

And, I do think it’s important to save some fresh tests (some from the 52-61 will work fine, and any post -72 if you haven’t already used all of them) for the pt work at the end of your studies —

HTH and let me know if you have any follow-up or need anything else —

MK

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.