Test 58 Section 4 Question 24

• May 22, 2017 at 6:02 pm #3097
      Michael
      Participant

On Test 58, Section 4, Question 24: I am having a hard time understanding why the answer is (B). From what I understand, the stimulus does not confirm that *ALL* people who anger the majority do so because they are “dissatisfied with habitual assent”. Later the stimulus presents a chain of reasoning from “dissatisfied with habitual dissent” to “demonstrating the falsehood of popular viewpoints”.

But the correct answer connects “angering the majority” to “demonstrating the falsehood,” and I can’t make that logically follow. Am I reading too deep into the question? Should I assume that the first group is the only group that could possibly anger the majority? Am I missing a keyword that would make that clear?

Thanks!

• May 22, 2017 at 6:35 pm #3098
      Michael
      Participant

Stepped away for five minutes, when I came back I noticed that I don’t think I ever read the actual question. I was answering it as though the question was “which of these follows logically,” but the actual question is “It follows logically IF which is assumed”.

So the part where it didn’t follow in my mind was actually the key to the answer, which makes perfect sense now.

• May 24, 2017 at 3:03 pm #3100
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Hey Michael — glad you figured that out — great to have u have and good luck with your studies — let me know if you need me for anything else — MK

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.