Study Schedule for Retakers

• June 27, 2017 at 11:39 am #3148
      juniorortega
      Participant

I took the LSAT in December of 2016 after studying for 3 months using the Trainer and the Powerscore bibles and I have decided to take it again in September or December of 2017. Unfortunately, most of the 8 week schedules I’ve come across focus heavily on lessons and not enough drills/PT. I was wondering if anyone has any schedules for retakers or if I should complete the given 8 week schedules?

• June 29, 2017 at 3:52 pm #3149
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Hi — not sure if you saw, but I recently posted some advice for retake students here

In terms of your specific situation, I would suggest —

1) assessing how you want to alter the learning / drills / pt study time ratio and adjusting schedules accordingly — sounds like you want to get in more drilling and pt work this time around and that makes sense — should be easy enough to adjust standard 8 wk schedule so that you get through more of the book assignments earlier and add in extra drills /pt’s as you see fit — speaking of —

2) if you want fresh problems, you may want to try swapping out drill and pt assignments for alternates — you can use the q by type tool available on the site to find and organize drill problems.

3) and, in general, if possible, you want your final pt’s to be newer and fresh tests, so plan accordingly for that —

Fairly general stuff but figured I’d mention it — good luck and let me know if I can help in any other way — Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.