Study Focus

• July 5, 2016 at 3:41 am #2221
      lsatlaura
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I am planning on taking the September LSAT. I have purchased the LSAT Trainer and took my first practice exam. My diagnostic was a 150. LG 20/23, LR1 10/25, LR2 13/25, RC 15/27. I feel pretty confident with Logic Games questions, however not with Logical Reasoning or Reading Comprehension ones. Should I follow the regular schedule or invest more time in Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension sections?
      Also, I’m German studying in the Netherlands and my Bachelor’s degree (as most Bachelor’s degrees in Europe) is only 3 rather than 4 years. Do you think this would put be at an disadvantageous position?

Thanks in advance

Laura

• July 5, 2016 at 9:29 am #2222
      Mike Kim
      Keymaster

Hi Laura —

Thanks for trusting in the Trainer and welcome to Lsatters —

I am not an admissions expert but I don’t think the 3 years will hurt you in any way — perhaps someone else who knows more about admissions will read this and can chime in —

In terms of your LSAT prep, I think it’s a bit early to adjust the study proportions — it looks like it may definitely be something you want to look into down the line, but for now I would suggest retaining a balanced amount of time and focus for all three sections —

You may want to consider adjusting your schedule once you get into your drilling practice — if, by that point, you clearly still feel far more comfortable on LG than in LR or RC, you may want to practice more LR and RC —

If you haven’t already, please check ou the free Trainer study schedules to see how you can organize your book and practice work —

Btw, that’s a terrific LG score to start out — that’ll be a huge advantage for you — congrats and excited to see how much better you can get with LG (and everything else as well) —

Take care — let me know if you have any follow-up, or other study q’s that come up along the way — Mike

• July 6, 2016 at 2:02 am #2227
      lsatlaura
      Participant

Hi Mike,

I found the LSAT Trainer Study Schedules –> great that they’re for free 🙂 Thanks! And thanks for the quick reply and advice. You and your book are a great support (especially for someone like me who doesn’t live in the US and doesn’t know anyone who took the LSAT).
      For now, I’ll stick to a balanced amount of time for all three sections and I’ll definitely come back to you if any other questions come up.

Thank again,

Laura

• July 6, 2016 at 3:09 am #2228
      jamie-malorni
      Participant

Hi Laura,

I read your message. I’m in Amsterdam and will be studying for the LSAT also. Our timings for taking the test are a little different but i’ll be studying part-time while working. If you want a study buddy let’s exchange info. I have the LSAT trainer and a couple other books if you want to share!

Good luck and if you’re up for it i’ll send you my email address and contact info.
      Jamie

• July 6, 2016 at 3:14 am #2229
      lsatlaura
      Participant

Hi Jamie,

I live in Maastricht, but will be going back to Germany for the Summer. Would be great if you could send me your contact details 🙂

Best,

Laura

• July 6, 2016 at 5:52 am #2230
      jamie-malorni
      Participant

Look at me, just assuming that if you study in the Netherlands that it must be in Amsterdam.

I would type my email here but i’m not sure I know how to delete a message on this forum. I’m also a little skeptical to post my email on a public forum (don’t know why). So, how about you send me a message on facebook or instagram find me (FB:Jamie Malorni, IG: jamiemalorni) and send me a message. I’ll give you my email and whatapp number in a direct message.

I’m Canadian, I don’t know anyone else studying for the LSAT in the same time-zone as me so it would really appreciate having someone to ask/answer questions with!

• July 6, 2016 at 5:54 am #2231
      jamie-malorni
      Participant

Never mind! I direct messaged you on this site. Didn’t know I could do that.

You should have my info now!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.