Schedule for full time workers?

• November 15, 2017 at 5:19 pm #3352
    sabinaklee
    Participant

Hey guys! I recently started a 9-5 job and just read the first chapter of the LSAT Trainer. Since I work full time, I decided I’m going to take the June 2018 test to give myself a little over six months to study. Between work, the gym, and sleep, I have about two hours to study a day (weekends could do more). Would you suggest going off the 16 week study plan nonetheless? Do you have any other suggestions for full time workers studying for the LSAT? Thanks!

• November 17, 2017 at 4:14 pm #3358
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hello Sabina! — Thanks for trusting in the Trainer and nice to have you here. I think the 16 week schedule will work great if you can fit it into your schedule — the fact that you have a few months after that means that if you need to stretch it out a bit that’s okay too —

A couple of other thoughts —

1) I do have a beta version available of an updated schedule that includes up to PT 81 — you may not want it (because you may want to keep the newest tests for practice when you are done with the study schedule) but if you do just email me at mike@thelsattrainer.com and I’ll send it to you.

2) If you think the 16 week schedule may be a bit too much to handle with your schedule, you could also work off the 8 week schedule, and just stretch it out so that you do every week’s worth of work over two.

If you have to pick between a) really being able to focus in and give your full attention and energy to a lighter workload vs b) getting in a ton of work but exhausting yourself to do it and not being able to focus half the time, when it comes to LSAT prep, I really think (A) is a far better option, so don’t feel guilty / feel like you will be unprepared if you go with a lighter workload — in any case, it’s great you are getting started so early.

Good luck with your studies and let me know if you ever need anything —

Mike

• December 17, 2017 at 3:26 pm #3409
    sabinaklee
    Participant

Hi Mike! Thanks for your response – it seems surreal to be messaging the author of my new study book.

Re old vs. new PTs – I was wondering if you would suggest using the 16 week study guide that uses PTs 29-71 rather than the 16 week study guide that uses PTs 62-81 (which I think is the finalized version of your previously mentioned beta study schedules)?

Thanks!

• December 18, 2017 at 12:44 pm #3412
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hi Sabina — sure thing! —

I would personally suggest either the 52-71 16 week schedule or the 62-81 16 week schedule (which is indeed the finalized version of the beta schedules I mentioned) — the first if you think there is a chance you will finish the schedule early and need extra practice or you think there is a good chance you will study again for another test, and the second in all other situations — I think the 29-71 schedule is overkill for most students, and if you start with one of the other schedules and want to add on any extra work along the way, it’s always easy to do so —

HTH and let me know if you have any follow-up — MK

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.