April 26, 2017 at 9:47 pm #3067AlexandraParticipant
Hi! Ive been doing a lot of logical reasoning practice sections and Im doing fine up until I get to the end of the questions and Im thinking it is because these questions are typically harder, I was wondering if you had any advice about the last 10 questions. Thank you so much in advanced!
May 2, 2017 at 9:01 am #3071Mike KimKeymaster
Those questions are indeed more difficult for everyone, and so the challenges you are experiencing are certainly understandable —
I think one of the most important things to know is that the problems are not more difficult because they test something different — rather, it’s because they test the very same things in a more challenging way — and because of this, they can often reveal weaknesses that we might be able to get away with on easier q’s —
So you don’t want to change up what you are doing for these problems — rather, you can expect that as you get better at the test as a whole these problems will get easier and easier, and, more significantly — you want to use these q’s to identify and address areas where you can get stronger at LR in general —
As always, the challenges can be put into three categories — Reading issues, reasoning issues, and issues of mental discipline — more specifically, some common concerns include —
– not properly focusing in on, understanding, and retaining relevant information from the stimulus.
– incorrectly evaluating reasoning concerns
– not matching thoughts and actions to the specific task presented in the q stem
– not properly focusing in on, understanding, and retaining relevant information from the answer choices
– not being able to eliminate incorrect answers for specific reasons that you can feel confident in
– not having methods to confirm that the answer you think is correct is indeed correct
The more accurately you can access your own challenges, and the better you are about addressing them, the faster you will get improve. HTH – mk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.