November 25, 2015 at 5:24 am #847nicole-hopkinsParticipant
Let’s all get off on the right foot and introduce ourselves.
Starting with …
1) Who you are
2) Where you live
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do 🙂 )
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take
5) A little blurb 😀
November 25, 2015 at 5:45 am #848nicole-hopkinsParticipant
1) Who you are: I’m Nicole Hopkins; Mentor/BR (that’s Blind Review) Group Leader over at the 7sage forums (the other place I hang out) and owner of http://www.ilovelsat.com ; artisanal bacon afficionado; enthusiastic Texan
2) Where you live: Dallas, TX
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do 🙂 ): I’m a flack (PR professional) and marketing guru by day and a (an?? I never know) LSAT tutor by night. I’m applying to law school this cycle and want to practice oil & gas litigation. Someday I hope to run for office and have a corgi.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: 16-18 months
5) A little blurb 😀 : Instead of a blurb, I give you a GIF:
November 27, 2015 at 6:12 pm #868mikespiveyParticipant
I’m Mike Spivey, I am friends with both Nicole and Mike Kim due to their exceptional work with LSAT tutelage, and (1) I am the Founding Partner of The Spivey Consulting Group (which is a consulanting firm of former law school admissions officers).
(2) Boulder, CO
(3) I do (1). I also run a ton in the mountains. And blog. And I have a really cool dog.
(4) I believe I took a practice LSAT in 1999 for kicks and giggles when I started in law school adminstration.
(5) …if only I knew how to insert a gif. It would be AWESOME.
November 27, 2015 at 6:34 pm #869
Let’s all get off on the right foot and introduce ourselves.
Starting with …
1) Who you are: Mike Kim
2) Where you live: Irvine, CA
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do 🙂 ) I teach the LSAT.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: About 13 years ago.
5) A little blurb: I can’t think of two better people to start this thing off with than Nicole Hopkins and Mike Spivey. I look forward to meeting you all!
November 29, 2015 at 2:12 pm #872dannypearlbergParticipant
1) Who you are: Danny Pearlberg
2) Where you live: Columbus, OH
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do 🙂 ): LSAT Tutor. Also I love cats and I think that meditation is helpful for pretty much everything in life, including the LSAT 🙂
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: The first time I took it was in 2000
5) A little blurb ?: I don’t know any of the other tutors here but I’m looking forward to meeting other people with healthy LSAT obsessions, and I’m looking forward to using this site to help more people kick ass on the LSAT 🙂
November 30, 2015 at 6:03 pm #878
1) Who you are: Ali Ghassemi
2) Where you live: Irvine, CA
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do 🙂 ) : The only thing I currently have time to for outside of studying for the LSAT is working out and trying to get some sleep. Outside of the LSAT, I’m a huge car guy & love going out to tracks and go-karting as well.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: I started studying for the LSAT last year during my undergrad, but quickly learned that it wasn’t going to work with my schedule. I picked it back up in July and haven’t stopped since 🙂
5) A little blurb ?: I’m looking forward to meeting the other users on here and being of help to anyone that needs it 🙂
November 30, 2015 at 8:45 pm #894
Hi Ali – welcome and thanks for joining — is that right that you are in Irvine, too? Maybe we are neighbors!
December 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm #1010jaydParticipant
Just joined, I figured I would contribute to this thread!
1) Who you are: Jake D.
2) Where you live: Columbus, OH (Glad to see another Columbus person here as well!)
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ?): I want to be a Sports Agent, but I would love working in M&A as well.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Just took the December 2015 administration. It went so badly I picked up The Trainer and am beginning to study for June 2016.
5) A little blurb ?: I love sports, fitness, and stand-up comedy. I have been told that Joe Rogan is my Spirit Animal.
December 9, 2015 at 5:20 am #1016trasi28Participant
1) Who you are: Trasi F.
2) Where you live: Mesa, Arizona
3) I will be a criminal prosecutor.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: 2 years ago
5) A little blurb: I am a single mother, who has a full time job, and countless activities and “to-do lists”. I am trying to balance it all and I KNOW I can do it! I believe Mr. Mike Kim and this site will get me there! I have been searching for a site like this for months now, and I am SOOO grateful you started one. Happy to be here!
December 9, 2015 at 7:58 am #1018sarahfatimaParticipant
My name is Sarah
I live in India.
Umm, don’t know how to answer this right now. Preparing for lsat. Since completing my masters I took a few months off and then started my lsat journey. Been preparing off and on since Feb until November. Now getting into the full throttle.
Love the trainer and 7sage.
December 9, 2015 at 6:30 pm #1022
Thanks everyone for chiming in! —
Jake — you may find this hard to believe (especially after you read some of my attempts at humor in the Trainer) but I’m a Joe Rogan fan as well (though I don’t think anyone would think that he is my spirit animal) —
Ali — I’ll put a copy of the Trainer on my windowsill — if you happen to ever walk by it just yell out my name and I’ll run out.
Trasi — I was raised by a single mother who worked full-time, so I can certainly appreciate your situation, and I look forward to helping out in any way I can.
Sarah — excited to see what full throttle looks like.
December 11, 2015 at 9:29 pm #1040
I’ll definitely take you up on that. If for some reason I end up retaking the June exam, I might have to stop by for one-on-one tutoring! By the way – the Trainer was nothing short of amazing when I used it & I can’t thank you enough for it.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday break!
December 14, 2015 at 4:04 pm #1045moosemailParticipant
1) Who you are- You can call me Moose!
2) Where you live- Washington DC
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ) – I’m a startup founder who also spends a fair amount of time looking at hearts through various screens. My goal is to someday work in Venture Capital, helping startups secure funding and navigate their way through their legal and business hurdles.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take- Started this month (December) and aim to take the June test.
5) A little blurb ? – I love traveling and learning about different cultures and languages. I spent 5 years abroad in the UAE, UK and Kenya in middle school and as a freshman in high-school.
I’m also a twin.
December 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm #1062diablo724Participant
1) Who you are? Khristina
2) Where you live? Just outside of Shreveport, Louisiana
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do?) I’m a jack of some trades. I coached rowing out of college, joined the Navy at 27, got out of the Navy and have been disabled since.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take? I took the Oct 2015 exam. Didn’t do well and retaking in February.
5) A little blurb ? Never Again Volunteer Yourself! NAVY! I made the mistake of telling my command that I had weapons training from the Army and I was put on convoy security in Iraq. I’m hoping to meet new people and getting some needed help.
December 28, 2015 at 12:00 am #1095emiliaParticipant
Hi everyone! ?
My name is Emilia.
I live in Irvine, CA and I am 4th year undergrad student who’s dreaming of law school! I just started studying for the LSAT. A little blurb: I would love to get to know others who can relate to the pain of being a full-time student and attempting to juggle school/work and LSAT studying! Good luck to everyone 🙂
January 15, 2016 at 4:57 pm #1339LSAT DanParticipant
1) Who you are
2) Where you live
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take
5) A little blurb
Hi all…nice thread to have here.
- I’m Dan Oakes
- I live in unincorporated Orange County, near Orange/Tustin/Santa Ana, CA
- I help people get into law school – I’m an independent LSAT tutor and contract teacher for a low-cost test prep company, and also an LSAT curriculum developer. I’m a former attorney (UCLA Law) who found writing and teaching much more rewarding.
- I took the LSAT on a whim after studying for about a month in 2001; went to law school 2004-2007. I know a lot more about the test having taught it for six years than I ever did when I took it, but fortunately, I did a lot of things in my recreational life that were very conducive to LSAT success, most notably being a competitive chess, bridge, and poker player (If he had a flush, he would have raised on the flop; since he didn’t raise on the flop…)
- I’m also a vegan, and an avid curler. I see a lot of people here are from Orange County…check out the Orange County Curling Club; we’re always looking for new people! occurling.com
January 16, 2016 at 10:08 pm #1347james-kim528Participant
1) Who you are: James Kim
2) Where you live: Los Angeles
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do): I work for the City of Los Angeles, I want to study constitutional law and work for government or some non-profits
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: I started studying in August took it in Dec. Unsatisfied, now studying till June!
5) A little blurb: There is no flaw for drill #17 on page 90, and the solution on pg 92 is also incorrect. Actually 100% of all Koreans are passionate soccer fans, thus Sharon is a soccer fan. Haha I’m just kidding, I’m just a huge soccer fan that happens to be Korean.
January 17, 2016 at 2:46 pm #1355tringo335Participant
1) Who you are – Hi! I’m Tristan
2) Where you live – Dallas, TX (Shout out to Nicole! ;-D) Though I wish I lived in SoCal. Moved there after undergrad for two years and have missed it ever since!
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do) After 6 years working in Human Resources I switched career paths to Public Relations (again shout out to Nicole! We must be twins 🙂 I never lost an interest in HR Law and when a friend got unlawfully terminated after becoming pregnant, my passion for law multiplied times 1 billion (if we’re being specific). My goal is to attend Yale Law School as they are the top public interest program in the nation and become a labor and employment lawyer or a public defender. I also would not be opposed to politics in the future.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take I began studying in January 2016 with plans to take the LSAT in June or October (depends on how well I get my achilles heal -the Logic Games section- down)
5) A little blurb ? I have just finished the first intro to the LG section of the Trainer and have seriously contemplated jumping off a cliff. I have faith things will get better from here 🙂 I love eating (particularly foods of the vegetarian and vegan nature), hiking, the arts, a great movie and reading in coffee houses that aren’t Starbucks 😛
April 5, 2016 at 8:59 pm #1669neonsabParticipant
Hi all, I’m new to the forum. Great to meet you all and good luck to those of you preparing for the test! Here are my responses to the intro questions:
1) Who you are: Neonsab
2) Where you live: Toronto, Canada
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do): I’m a support worker for a non-profit AIDS service organization
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Lol – just started within the last 2 weeks!
5) A little blurb: Hope to apply for a combined JD/MSW program here in T.O. and do more advocacy work in HIV/AIDS sector and/or prison reform/rehabilitation programs. And I love cats!
April 16, 2016 at 7:35 pm #1732donepudiadityaParticipant
1) Who you are – Hi! I’m AD
2) Where you live – Houston, TX
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do) I am an engineer and Ijust felt like taking the LSAT (and seriously enough)
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take – Just about today (couple of hours ago actually)! My LSAT trainer got delivered yesterday (yay Amazon)
5) A little blurb Hated Breaking bad except for Mr. Saul Goodman 😀
May 18, 2016 at 6:59 pm #1867hallierachelParticipant
1) Who you are: Hallie Hicks
2) Where you live: A suburb outside of Houston in the great country of Texas! …wait did I say country? I meant state…
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ): Not 100% sure yet, but I am currently interning for a judge in a civil court and really enjoying it!
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Brief backstory: I am a second year Criminal Justice major at Sam Houston State University, and my original plan was to work either with CPS or help victims of Human Trafficking as some type of social worker. I am still very passionate about both, however after learning a bit more about social work, I realized that I can be more effective doing something other than social work. About two months ago, I decided to look into law schools, and you all know how that went! I am incredibly excited to pursue a law degree and really feel like I’ve found my calling (social work never fit, and college so far has seemed quite easy, and I like to be challenged). So, to answer the question, I started studying a little less than two months ago!
5) A little blurb ?: In the time that I’m not studying for LSAT, I can be found at the Civil Courthouse in Houston, playing guitar, ukulele, or piano, playing board games or sports with friends, reading, enoing (for those who don’t know what an Eno is, it is a portable hammock and it CHANGED MY LIFE), eating, occasionally sleeping, or studying to graduate early!
May 20, 2016 at 8:05 pm #1887donepudiadityaParticipant
Hey everyone – anyone interested in forming a study group ? I am following the 12 week schedule given by Mike and I will be ending with week1 and getting started with the lessons on week 2 tomorrow. Let me know if anyone is following a similar schedule and are around similar time-line in their prep. Will be great to get in touch and e-meet once every two weeks! Let me know.
May 25, 2016 at 8:02 pm #1914carmenstclaireParticipant
Hi Everyone! I’m Carmen St. Claire and have been studying for LSAT since last December, blew the February test and picked up Mike Kim’s Trainer on March 15. I’m taking the June test and still don’t feel ‘ready’, like one of the participants who wrote that she was contemplating jumping off a cliff, yes, I feel like that at least once a day while I’m testing, drilling, gaming, etc. Why do I want to do this? I got a Paralegal degree in order to help the incarcerated who are unable to find legal advice for post conviction work. But, a paralegal is not ethically permitted to give advice or write motions unless supervised by an attorney. SO, I decided to take the LSAT and if blessed with a scholarship, that would help me help my prisoners. This is purely a ministry for me, one of my favorite Biblical verses is Matthew 25:26, “I was in prison and you visited Me.” I read that someone on this forum is also interested in prison reform, let’s talk! And I love cats too! I live in Tampa, FL. Would love a crash dummy (no pun intended) study course for the next 2 weeks. I read Mike’s advice to ‘Desperate, test in 2 weeks’ and am going to apply that to my own regimen. Other than that, this is fun!
May 29, 2016 at 8:23 am #1931courtneydParticipant
Hello all! My name is Courtney. I live in Oklahoma and hope to stay here until I move to D.C. one day. I love it here.
I currently have a couple of semesters left to finish my bachelor’s and am working at a law firm in the meantime. After law school, I really want to get a judicial clerkship because I LOVE appellate law (thanks partially to moot court.) My ideal job would be Solicitor General.
I just started studying for the LSAT. I’d like to take it in December, but since I’ll have finals then I may wait until February.
I love the Constitution! I have it hanging on my wall along with the Declaration and Bill of Rights. I’m a single mother of a 2 year old son and I hope to instill in him the respect our rule of law deserves. I’m so excited to get to know you all!
May 29, 2016 at 2:27 pm #1933bjwat72Participant
1) Hello, my name is Bobby and I’m currently completing 2 be year of my MBA at the University of Houston Victoria. I am a non traditional student and at 43, in fact just earned my BBA in 2014. I was a late bloomer but thank God, I had the opportunity to go to college. I was permanently disabled in a work accident in the oil field in 2013, so I can no longer perform my previous labor intensive career. I am finally moving forward toward achieving my academic dreams.
2) I live in Corpus Christi, TX.
3) I want so very much to attend law school, the MBA was actually my backup plan. Fortunately, I’m doing very well in grad school and I want to use my knowledge, past life experience, and focused determination to become a business owner and business law attorney.
4) I first started studying LSAT in Aug 2013 while recovering from my accident. I have taken it 3 times and did not perform well. I am not afraid of the test but it kicks my behind every time so far, in fact, I have scored a 141 each time.
5) I have taken Velocity prep, bought the LSAT Trainer, and all the Powerscore bibles plus every drilled every next 10 preptest. I want very much to succeed and score above 160, so that means I have to improve my score by 20 points. I am willing to study slowly and methodically over the next 6 months or longer before I attempt the test again.
May 31, 2016 at 2:19 pm #1941jvalenzuela346Participant
1) Who you are: Jimmy Valenzuela
2) Where you live: Riverside, CA
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ): I’ve recently gained an interest in politics and diplomacy. I would like to practice law for a bit and eventually become a diplomat or political analyst.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: I started studying for the LSAT mid-2015, took the December LSAT, and am starting to study again to retake the LSAT in December.
5) A little blurb ?: I loved the LSAT trainer, and have also taken one prep course. After taking the LSAT once, I walked out of the room bummed because I knew I choked and could’ve done better. I want to be better prepared for my second try. So anything anyone has to offer would be appreciated!!
June 1, 2016 at 8:21 pm #1946jareddevoreParticipant
1) Who you are: Jared Devore
2) Where you live: Southern Missouri
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ) : Practice law, though I’m not entirely sure what I’d like to do specifically.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Started last week, I’ll be taking the LSAT in September!
5) A little blurb ? : I’m entering my Senior year at the University of Arkansas, studying History and Latin. I’m actively engaged in politics and human rights activism.
June 9, 2016 at 10:33 am #1974jacksm4ckParticipant
- Who you are: Jack Fan, student.
- Where you live: Ann Arbor, MI.
- What you do/want to do in the world: I recently finished my undergrad at U of M (Political Science) and I’m currently contemplating options for the future. Law school is one of these options, although I’m not entirely certain yet! I figured studying for the LSAT would be a good use of my summer off.
- I started a few weeks ago. Ordered the Trainer off Amazon after receiving many recommendations. I’m planning on taking the LSAT in September. It will be my first LSAT ever!
- I’m super excited to have found this community! Have to admit, I was really intimidated by the thought of tackling the LSAT on my own but I’m thrilled to see that there are so many resources available and so many awesome people willing to help. I absolutely LOVE the Trainer and the way it is written.
I enjoy working out, music, basketball, and playing Dota. Looking forward to meeting you all!
June 10, 2016 at 2:24 pm #1981arrobertsParticipant
Hi everyone! Just got the book yesterday, and pretty excited to get started!
1) Who you are: Audra Roberts
2) Where you live: Inglewood, CA (The Home of the Rams!)
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do): I will be a judge.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Starting right now.
5) A little blurb: I am a missionary :-).
June 10, 2016 at 7:56 pm #1982ihatetestsbutiloveschoolParticipant
1) Who you are: Yang
2) Where you live: Minnesota
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do): I do equity, disparities, and maybe, policies, depending on the day.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: HA HA HA… I’m scheduling in snack time and nap time about every 5 minutes. There’s a real reason why my graduate degree is in social sciences.
5) A little blurb: Isaiah 1:17
June 12, 2016 at 1:12 pm #1994tk2wParticipant
1) Who you are – Taylor
2) Where you live – Northern Michigan aka Canada
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do) – I want to do Patent Law, preferably pharmaceutical patent law for one of the pharma companies
4) When you started studying for the LSAT – I’ve been looking into it for a couple years now, but I’m just starting to do it seriously to take the September one
5) A little blurb –
June 15, 2016 at 12:01 pm #2044kylsatterParticipant
1. Who you are – Aaron
2. Where you live – Louisville, KY
3. What do you want to do? – Technology/IP Law. I would like to help private companies adapt policies to fit existing and new laws. Automation and AI have huge implications for our future.
4. When you started studying LSAT – Started studying for LSAT at beginning of the month with the Trainer.
5. Blurb – 31. Former music and arts journalist. Mentally disabled and unemployed going on 4 years. Bipolar disorder and panic disorder. I like music, movies and exercising. I enjoy novels but I won’t be reading much as I study for LSAT. Right now I really don’t care about much else but getting a good LSAT score.
June 17, 2016 at 6:08 pm #2066matthiasuParticipant
1) Who you are – Matthias
2) Where you live – New Jersey
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? )- looking to in the future practice law in area of public interest however, im keeping my options open.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take – Well I wouldn’t quite call it studying, more like knowing its about time to start doing so. However when you’re a full time undergraduate junior, well…you get the gist of it.
5) A little blurb ? – A love basketball (yes, i consider myself pretty good at it too) and I love traveling!
June 22, 2016 at 2:02 pm #2092idontneedbackups-imgoingtoboulderParticipant
1) Who you are – Howdy, I’m Angie!
2) Where you live – I live in a small town in Texas- about an hour away from Aggieland (College Station, TX) where I got my BA in Political Science and a minor in English.
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ) – I would love to become a dog parent of four and an environmental law attorney in Colorado (with a focus on indigenous rights or animal rights).
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take – I took the LSAT in Sept. 2014 and twice in 2015. My next and definitely my final attempt will be this Sept. I began re-reading techniques from the entire LSAT Trainer and incorporating lsathacks, 7sage, and official LSAC preptests into my schedule. My performance has increased by exactly 30 points in 6 months so I’m really grateful to Mike Kim, Graeme Blake, and other encouraging educators. Three more months to go, y’all!
5) A little blurb ? – I am a full-time vegetarian and a part-time vegan. It started off as a 1-week challenge but evolved into a lifestyle that has been 10-months strong. In addition to veggies, I love tv (shout-out to Netflix and Crunchyroll), meditating, reading, and playing fetch with my rescue pup.
July 15, 2016 at 4:14 am #2253dimiandrParticipant
1) Who you are — My name’s Dimitris!
2) Where you live — I live in Athens, Greece.
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ?) — I’m a Greek trainee lawyer (registered with the Athens Bar) working at a law firm in Piraeus, Greece — mainly focused on corporate law, contracts and international arbitration. I have a 4-year law degree and an LL.M. in private international & comparative law, both from Greek Universties. I plan on pursuing a J.D. degree at a top U.S. law school and continue my legal career in the U.S.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take — I started studying on 18 June and I plan on taking the test in September.
5) A little blurb ? — I’ve always wanted to be a lawyer and I’ve always wanted to live and work abroad. I’m really excited with the whole process of studying intensively for the LSATs and I’m glad I can be a part of such a nice group of ambitious people, helping me go through it. Great to meet you all!
July 16, 2016 at 3:30 pm #2259lsatalexParticipant
1) Who you are: My name is Alex. I’m a recent college grad.
2) Where you live: I am from and currently live in upstate New York.
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do: Right now I run a small business and am studying for the LSAT. After law school I hope work at a big law firm and work in a corporate or litigation practice. After a few years of that, I might consider going in house at a bank or something. I am also interested in politics and one day becoming a writer.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Started studying about 3 weeks ago.
5) A little blurb: Well, I enjoy studying politics and philosophy. I am a writer and one day hope to write a series of books!
Nice to meet you all.
July 18, 2016 at 7:30 am #2261harns21Participant
Hi, I’m Samantha, live in Arkansas. I am an Entrepreneur, plan to do Entertainment Law. I took the lsat before (actually, 2 weeks after my mom died) and realized later I was not in any shape to take any major test that soon, so I am re-taking it in October. Just getting re-started with my studies.
July 18, 2016 at 9:31 pm #2267blaineawoodsonParticipant
1) Who you are : Blaine
2) Where you live : Waverly, IA
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ) : I’m currently going into my senior year majoring in general music and computer science. I want to possibly go into Health Care Law and work as an in-house attorney for a hospital
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: I started 5 weeks ago using the 16 week plan so I can take the September test.
5) A little blurb ?: I didn’t decide I wanted to go to law schools until this last May, so all of this is very new to me. My original plan/will do eventually is to get an advanced degree in music with a focus is ethnomusicology(the anthropology of music)
July 29, 2016 at 2:05 am #2325profParticipant
1) Hello everyone! My name is Ayo. 2)I’m from Dallas, TX! Shout out to all the folks from Texas!
2) I currently work in the IT space, run a small business and passionately run a non-profit organization for visually impaired individuals. My goal is to leverage my law degree to advance disability rights & get into politics someday.
4) I just started studying for the LSAT & intend to take the December test
5) Blurb : LSAT is my new obsession and I’m interested in setting up a study group for practice tests , hold each other accountable E.t.c Let me know if interested.
July 31, 2016 at 12:32 pm #2335unionjackParticipant
Hello Everyone! It’s great to read about each of you and realize that I’m not alone in this endeavor!
1) Who you are: Jameson, and I am 31 years old.
2) Where you live: Birmingham, AL by way of Atlanta, GA. I moved here for work originally, but decided to go back to school and build a life! I am entering my senior year at the University of Montevallo (a small liberal arts university).
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ): I have worked in the legal field at a few different domestic and international law firms. I have experience at both boutique firms and larger civil litigation firms. I am a research assistant at the firm full-time by-day, and a full-time History student by-night. I will also be a Supreme Court Justice for my university’s Student Government Association this upcoming year.
4) When you started studying for the LSAT: I started light studying a couple of weeks ago, but I started my official study schedule today (July 31). I will take the exam on December 3, 2016.
5) A little blurb: I live by two quotes spoken by the late, great Winston Churchill: “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm” and “Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts.”
If anyone is interested in a study partner, and is also on the 16-week plan, feel free to send me a message.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.