Do top scorers have tips for topping 170??

• May 4, 2018 at 1:07 pm #136145
    lilyc
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been studying for about 8 weeks now, my diagnostic was at 166 (with a bit extra time) and a couple of weeks ago I scored 169 (with strict timing) — 1 question away from 170 though. I’m averaging a -2 on RC, -4 on LG and -4 on LR. I really want to top 170 but I’m nervous that because I came into the exam pretty naturally skilled at some of the issues, I haven’t learned so much “how” to really improve.

I’ve noticed my biggest failures are reading really, really carefully and critically — missing a couple here and there because I did not notice an important word in an answer choice that makes it wrong, or changes the meaning slightly — not so much “do/don’t” but more like adding “totally” “entirely”, “radically” etc that overshoots the runway. Also reading things totally literally as the LSAT demands has been a tad challenging to switch mindsets.

Anyway, any top scorers out there with advice on how to best diagnose your weaknesses and really see improvement? I feel like when I’m doing drills I’m doing them, but I’m finding question-specific mistakes rather than the big-picture holes in my skills. What methods/strategies/resources did you use to really polish your skills? (I have about 7 weeks till the exam.)

• May 15, 2018 at 3:15 pm #136146
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hi Lily —

Sorry for the lack of activity on your post — this is more of a Trainer support forum than a community discussion area —

In any case, thought I’d offer up a couple of links related to getting to 170 and beyond — I hope you find them helpful, and if you do, you can find some more in the f.a.q. —

Wish you the best and let me know if I ever help with anything —

Mike

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=192589

https://thelsattrainer.academy/forums/topic/advice-on-extreme-drilling-for-top-scorers/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.