Choosing between 16 week schedules

• February 4, 2018 at 8:47 am #53191
    ivs4484
    Participant

Hi Mike!

Thanks for writing such a great book and putting together such wonderful resources! I’ve been working through PowerScore on my own on-off for a few months and just purchased The LSAT Trainer (wish I had found this sooner!). I’m looking to take the LSAT in June, aiming for a mid to upper 170s score (I’m currently scoring around 166).

I’ve noticed 3 different 16-week schedules on the website with varying PT ranges and amounts. Any recommendation on which schedule to follow? I’m mostly looking to review and drill — focusing on improving my reading abilities, getting faster, and feeling authoritative in my answer choices, as you’ve discussed in previous responses. I’m also looking to make sure I stay motivated and don’t burn out (this has been my greatest challenge thus far) given that I’ve already been at this for a few months and June is still four months away.

Thanks in advance for any support you can provide. I really appreciate it!

• February 4, 2018 at 4:39 pm #53652
    Mike Kim
    Keymaster

Hey! —

Thanks for trusting in the Trainer and great to have you here —

My default recommendation would be to go with the 62-81 schedule —

The main reasons you may want to utilize another schedule include
    a) you’ve already used up certain exams in your studies or
    b) you think you may finish the schedule early and want the latest tests to work on between end of schedule and test day —

Otherwise, I think the 62-81 is a perfect schedule to help you get ready for June —

HTH and good luck — don’t hesitate to get in touch if you ever need me —

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.