Reply To: Free Live Event Nov 30 – Dec 2

December 1, 2015 at 12:08 am #896
Mike Kim
Keymaster

Hey Mike! Love the new website.

I was wondering if you had any advice for those of us who are taking the test this Saturday regarding studying, sleep schedule, nutrition ect..

Thanks again for the referrals you sent me. I will be sure to give my 2 cents soon.

Best, Mazen

Hi Mazen! — Thanks so much and great to have you here –</span>

I am probably the last person who should be giving any sort of advice about how to take care of oneself, but since you asked 🙂 — here are some thoughts that come to mind —

1) In general, we tend to mostly notice or be distracted by our bodies when there is something wrong with them — our stomach hurts, head feels fuzzy, foot is broken, etc. — and while you can’t control everything, I think you want to do what you can to just mitigate the chances of something uncomfortable or unpleasant or otherwise physically distracting.

No unique exercises, no unique diet, no crazy change in lifestyle (*just a small change that I’ll discuss in a sec), and, instead, I recommend that, outside of studying for the exam, you make yourself as comfortable as possible — eat the food you enjoy that you know won’t cause you stomach pain, don’t hang out with the people who will put you in a funk, exercise as you normally do (in your good weeks), and so on.

2) I think the one small change I suggest is that if you are not used to waking up early, you want to start doing that now so that it doesn’t feel awful doing it on test day. I think that for a lot of people, and I know this is especially true of me, it takes a bit of time for our brains to fully wake up and be at their best — the early start time and the rush of signing in, etc. makes it harder to be as “ready” as you’d like when the first section starts– again, this is different for everyone and you know yourself best, but I think it’s generally to people’s benefit to wake up well before the exam, and, if you aren’t used to that, you may want to start working on that now.