Reply To: Hey Mike –Which schedule do you recommend?

December 6, 2017 at 11:25 am #3399
Mike Kim
Keymaster

Hey Cameron —

Sure thing! — happy to help —

I do recommend that in general you time all of your practice work and that by habit you try to solve problems as fast as you can (without sacrificing accuracy). Of course, if you are just getting familiar with a question type and want to be more deliberate with your strategies, or if you are struggling with a question type and want to break things down more, it can also be very useful to do some untime work as needed. But again, for the most part, I think that timed practice is more effective and will yield better long term results.

In terms of timing goals, in total you want to average about 1:10 or less per LR q, but you should expect for this to vary drastically based on question type and difficulty — some q’s can and should be solved in :40, while others, even when solved very well, can take 1:40 or more.

So, you want to keep in that 1:10 average per q in the back of your mind, but don’t stress too much if certain q’s or sets cause you to deviate from that — more importantly, you want to track your time across your practice and work toward getting faster and faster.

HTH — let me know if u need anything else — MK