Reply To: LR Weaken Questions

September 13, 2016 at 6:31 pm #2723
uclabruin
Participant

Thank you so much for the additional help! While we’re on the subject of these questions not feeling like a ‘slam dunk,’ I have to say that that has been the case for me so many times. I have found that required assumption, strengthen, and weaken, with the occasional flaw question just confuse the hell out of me and hurt my brain hahaha.

Also, I am getting a bit discouraged right now because I scored a 160 on my last two PTs, which is definitely not where I want to be at this point. My two best scores before that were 165 and 168, so these last two PTs were really concerning for me. I got a whopping -9 on both LR sections of PT 70, which is a new low for me, and this was mostly due to the question types I mentioned above. I’m not sure if it is really possible at this point, but I’d like to do whatever I can to succeed on the real exam. I know that I have the potential to kick butt on test day; I have read the Trainer twice in depth, but whenever it comes to the real thing, I blank out, get overwhelmed and frustrated, and end up missing questions that I would normally (under no pressure) be comfortable with. I don’t want to excuse myself by remembering that I can take it again in December because I wouldn’t really know how else to study but review exams and go over what I already know. Any and all advice is welcomed.