Reply To: It's not the game type, it's the rules

June 27, 2016 at 6:29 pm #2165
Anonymous
Inactive

Thanks for your response. You’re pretty much on the right road, and Dan was helpful too.One more thing to tie some loose ends up for me. When we’re dealing with these inferences, and making deductions, we should expect them to be repetitive for most if not all games??? While we may not be able to apply a cookie cutter game type to the game we actually see on test day, we should expect that the “END” (means to an end ), should be that we see and make deductions that have been repeated before correct?

I’m also at the point where I’m able to do games without having to look at any videos or anything, it’s just a matter of timing. When I review ,I get close to none wrong, but the timing is still a big problem. Now this is a big improvement for me because when I did games before without timing, I still couldn’t figure out how to do the games at all lol. So for me to get to the point where I can go into an entire section without any outside help, really says a lot to me. I just need help on how to transition this accuracy to timed tests. Do you think it’s just a matter of more repetition? I would love some input on what my next steps should be? (About to do some drilling today)

SN: I’ve had epic failures on this test, and I’m still super determined to do well. I think it helps me to see things from the perspective of someone who is still really trying to Improve, but at the same time I think I’m able to recognize when things don’t seem to fit with how instructors/tutors see things on the LSAT due to all of my previous exposure. Plus, I make everything hard on myself, even easy stuff lol. I think that’s why I ask questions like this that may not be the typical question you guys get.