1) Who you are: Hallie Hicks
2) Where you live: A suburb outside of Houston in the great country of Texas! …wait did I say country? I meant state…
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do ? ): Not 100% sure yet, but I am currently interning for a judge in a civil court and really enjoying it!
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take: Brief backstory: I am a second year Criminal Justice major at Sam Houston State University, and my original plan was to work either with CPS or help victims of Human Trafficking as some type of social worker. I am still very passionate about both, however after learning a bit more about social work, I realized that I can be more effective doing something other than social work. About two months ago, I decided to look into law schools, and you all know how that went! I am incredibly excited to pursue a law degree and really feel like I’ve found my calling (social work never fit, and college so far has seemed quite easy, and I like to be challenged). So, to answer the question, I started studying a little less than two months ago!
5) A little blurb ?: In the time that I’m not studying for LSAT, I can be found at the Civil Courthouse in Houston, playing guitar, ukulele, or piano, playing board games or sports with friends, reading, enoing (for those who don’t know what an Eno is, it is a portable hammock and it CHANGED MY LIFE), eating, occasionally sleeping, or studying to graduate early!