Reply To: F.A.Q. Links: Tips for Drilling and Practice Exams

April 18, 2016 at 7:31 am #1738
jayd
Participant

Mike and I have been trading messages and he encouraged me to share my thoughts on review in particular:

One thing I love to do either when reviewing individual Logic Games or just missed questions in general is to implement the Promodoro Technique. (30 minutes followed by a 5 minute break, with the occasional 10 minute break). I find that this really helps me stay focused and not “pass-over” questions to review or take the easy way out. I feel like I really put fourth maximum brain power into each review session. I have noticed that this also slows the onset of burnout pretty well.

I will often combine the Promodoro Technique with a website blocker to prevent me from “going down the rabbit hole” of distraction when looking up answers online. If I think of something I need to do (pay a bill, write an email, etc..) I will write it on a sticky note and do it during one of the 5/10 minute breaks. This gets it out of my head and allows me to focus thoroughly on review.

The other strategy I use (this would get me shamed forever on TLS) is listen to music while I review. I find this helps keep me focused, and keep my mind from thinking how boring review is. (As an aside, sometimes I will attempt an RC passage with some loud EDM music in my headphones to practice focus – yes, I am aware this odd but I enjoy it).

I hope this was of help to some of you – feel free to message me if you have any questions!

JD