January 15, 2016 at 4:57 pm #1339
1) Who you are
2) Where you live
3) What you do in the world (or what you WANT to do
4) When you started studying for the LSAT … Or how long you studied from start to final take
5) A little blurb
Hi all…nice thread to have here.
- I’m Dan Oakes
- I live in unincorporated Orange County, near Orange/Tustin/Santa Ana, CA
- I help people get into law school – I’m an independent LSAT tutor and contract teacher for a low-cost test prep company, and also an LSAT curriculum developer. I’m a former attorney (UCLA Law) who found writing and teaching much more rewarding.
- I took the LSAT on a whim after studying for about a month in 2001; went to law school 2004-2007. I know a lot more about the test having taught it for six years than I ever did when I took it, but fortunately, I did a lot of things in my recreational life that were very conducive to LSAT success, most notably being a competitive chess, bridge, and poker player (If he had a flush, he would have raised on the flop; since he didn’t raise on the flop…)
- I’m also a vegan, and an avid curler. I see a lot of people here are from Orange County…check out the Orange County Curling Club; we’re always looking for new people! occurling.com