Reply To: PT 52-1-10

January 5, 2016 at 3:09 pm #1198
dannypearlberg
Participant

Oh ok gotcha, sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were saying that your difficulty lay in identifying the flaw quickly. Here, if you don’t mind I’ll try again 🙂

We know when the sophisticated enforcement system will be ready- the end of next year. We don’t know when the mayor’s plan will be implemented. If the mayor’s plan is implemented before the end of next year, it will be implemented before the sophisticated enforcement system will be ready. Without the system, “mass evasion of the charge will result”. so if the mayor’s plan is implemented before the end of next year, there is good reason to think that the charge will not be effectively enforced. If, however, the mayor’s plan isn’t implemented until the end of next year, then the sophisticated enforcement system will be ready at that point, so why think that the charge will not be effectively enforced? So, the argument hinges on when the mayor’s plan is going to be implemented. But the stimulus doesn’t actually tell us when the mayor’s plan is going to be implemented.