Reply To: LSAT HELP

December 18, 2015 at 8:25 am #1073
Anonymous
Inactive

Hi guys, so I just wanted to give a quick update. Anyone can add any thoughts they would like. So I did PT 52 over this past week. I took this test at the very beginning of my prep when I first began to get serious. I thought it would be great practice since I hardly remembered anything. (My memory is horrible) I did a section per day, and I spent as long as I needed to only focusing on 100 percent comprehension and nothing else. (No timing at all). Questions took a varied amount of time. A few questions ¬†didn’t take long, and some questions/games/passages prob took up to 20 minutes. I know in total that the games section, and the RC section took about an hour each in which I felt comfortable with comprehending the problems and finding an answer. Both LR sections prob. took that long as well. I scored every section after i did it. For what it’s worth, I missed -5 on every section except for RC. I missed -7 on that.

Takeaways: This shows that when I comprehend well, I can score better. I know my mind prob. remembers more than I think it did, but I don’t think that was too much of a concern because of the amount of time it took on questions. Still, I don’t have as good of feeling as I prob. should about this test because of the fact that it did take me so long to get to complete comprehension. My worry is about how can I cut that time down without losing some of the comprehension. I know some parts are more Important than others, but what helped was the fact that I understood everything .

Next step: I’m going over everything today, particularly the questions I got wrong, but also everything I got right and didn’t feel comfortable about. Sort/kinda like blind review a little. I’ve actually started already, and ¬†52-1-10, and 52-3-13, are questions I’m really going to need help with, both are assumption questions, and both involves some conditionals which aren’t necessarily that important to figuring out the answer (I don’t believe), but they still make these problems a little hard to understand.

Again, anyone is welcomed to add thoughts, I would love to hear what you think about my analysis. Frankly, I need all the help I can get lol.

Thanks in advance.